Are you in #Wigan and looking for a new challenge to fit with your existing family commitments? Have you ever considered #childminding?
Wigan Council offer a bespoke training package that will support you to develop your skills and knowledge to meet Ofsted requirements and become an Ofsted registered childminder.
To find out more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
A childminder works with children for more than 2 hours a day in their own home for reward. Childminders are childcare professionals and have a responsibility to promote and demonstrate a high level of professionalism when working with children and families.
Childminders play an essential role in supporting families, providing childcare for a range of ages up to 17 years of age, offering full or part time places for children under 5 or breakfast and after school care for school age children. They care for babies, toddlers and children to support their learning and development whilst keeping them safe.
Childminding allows you to be self-employed and work with children from home, working with professionals to support children's learning and development. There are also opportunities for you to develop your own professional knowledge and expand your business with additional training.
Day to day tasks
Day to day tasks will vary but can include:
- Providing inspirational learning activities
- Providing a range of experiences and activities, both indoors and outside
- Planning, preparing and serving nutritious meals
- Carrying out care routines to meet the needs of all children
- Utilising opportunities to explore the wider world by going on outings
- Encouraging and developing effective partnerships with parents and other professionals
What skills do you need?
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with children and families
- The ability to plan and prepare a variety of engaging play based activities and experiences to suit stages of development and age groups
- Day to day experiences with life and social skills whilst mixing with their peer groups
- Good organisational skills
- A passion for promoting healthy lifestyles