Now is the right time to come and work in Tameside Children’s Services
- We want you to be part of our ambition to be an outstanding service
- We are investing significant resources to enable us to build a quality service for children and families
- We want you to join our workforce and be part of an organisation that cares for the wellbeing and life balance of its employees
- We want you to experience strong and supportive leadership where you are engaged and actively included in our improvement journey
- We want you to enjoy the experience of working alongside friendly and supportive staff
Supporting successful families in Tameside
Children are at the very heart of what we do and we’re investing in our teams as part of our improvement journey so that we can provide the best possible service for our children and their families.
We very much value our committed and passionate workforce that supports successful families and an engaged community.
Why work for us?
- Supportive teams and a great, friendly working environment
- Flexible working opportunities
- Social Work teams centrally located together
- A high standard of professional supervision and a focus on supporting professional development
- Development and implementation of the ‘Signs of Safety’ casework practice model
- Manageable caseloads to enable reflective practice
Here’s what our children’s social care staff have to say about working for us:
Social Worker Jane said “Whilst undertaking my Social Work degree, I had my final placement with Tameside Children’s Services. I was initially employed by Tameside as a family intervention worker and I have since successfully completed my Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) year. I am now progressing to taking a lead role in the implementation of the Signs of Safety practice model. Tameside support me to work my hours flexibly and I enjoy working in a friendly supportive environment”.
Senior Practitioner Nicola added: “The people make this place special - everyone is always ready to support you and help you out. There are also lots of opportunities for training and career progression. I started as a newly qualified Social Worker here in Tameside and have recently being appointed to the role of Senior Practitioner, which is great.”
Debbie, a service unit manager who has worked for Tameside Children’s Services for 34 years, said: “The whole of my career has grown and developed in Tameside supported by a friendly, hardworking and committed workforce.”
Consultant Social Worker Emma said since starting with Tameside two years ago, I have fully embedded the ASYE programme. A key part of my role is helping newly qualified social workers reach their full potential by supporting their professional growth and successfully progressing newly qualified social workers through their first and second years of supported employment”. We achieve this by providing an in house continued professional development programme and by working in partnership with our local Universities”.
Further great reasons to work in Tameside
Tameside is a forward-looking borough to the east of Greater Manchester, an area leading the way in regional devolution. Tameside Council – LGC Council of Year 2016 – is at the forefront of redefining public services.
The borough is vibrant and well connected with plenty to offer its residents, including:
- Great schools and colleges.
- Excellent public transport connections across the region.
- Affordable housing in a range of urban and rural locations.
- Stunning countryside all within a short train journey from Manchester city centre.
- The peak district is only a short drive away too!