Salary: £9, 33 per hour
Contract: Bank staff to work when required covering holidays and sickness.
Looking to work in Social Care?
Have you had previous experience working in a support worker role?
Are you eligible to live and work in the UK with fluent English language skills?
Are you able and willing to work to a rota and undertake sleep-in shifts?
Bolton Cares’ specialist Supported Living Service is recruiting Support Workers to deliver high quality, compassionate care and support to help local people live better lives. We are a person centred team working from properties across the borough of Bolton.
We want people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
· Treating people with compassion and care.
· Showing dignity and respect to the people they will be working with.
· A commitment to quality and being the best that we can.
· Having trust and respect for all members of our team.
About the Support Worker role:
As part of a team you will be supporting people in their own homes; the people we work with have complex needs including learning disability, mental health and autism. Some of the people who use our services also have significant physical health and personal care needs.
We pride ourselves on matching people we support with the right staff as this is essential to achieving positive outcomes from the support we provide.
We are currently looking to recruit individuals to work with the following support needs:
· Managing mental health and substance misuse issues
· Undertaking a range of community activities
· Personal care, and mobility requirements
· Living well with Autism
You will also support people to:
· Manage their finances
· Attend health appointments
· Engage with external agencies
· Integrate/participate in their local community
The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on a rota which includes weekends and sleep-in cover.
· Working with people with complex needs
· Helping them live more independently and undertake life enhancing activities.
· Ensure people’s needs are at the heart of everything you do.
· Working with care managers and health colleagues to implement and support therapy plans.
· Personal Care as required
Experience and skills required:
· Must have experience supporting adults with either learning disability, mental health, autism, complex lifestyles or physical care needs
· Be able to develop supportive relationships, promoting independence and well being
· You will be highly motivated to deliver outstanding care and support.
We will provide the right candidate a range of training and specialist development opportunities.
All applications will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service checks and references.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be considered for this role APPLY today!
Please note, in order to be considered for this role – and all other Bolton Cares roles – an application form must be completed. If you have a preference for working with individuals with particular support needs please specify this within your application.
For more information, please download the Job Description & Person Specification.docx
To apply, please complete the BC Application.docx and email to email@example.com
Right to Work.docx
DBS documents to provide.docx
you might be interested in