Location: Thicketford Centre
Salary: £23,393 per annum for Full Time 37 hours per week, plus sleep-in allowance
Hours: Full Time
Looking to further your career in Social Care?
Bolton Cares’ Supported Living are recruiting Senior Support Workers to provide leadership to teams of support workers and facilitate the delivery of high quality, compassionate care and support to help local people live better lives. We are person centred teams working from properties across the borough of Bolton.
We want people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
· An aptitude for management, with the ability to lead and inspire.
· Treating people with compassion and care.
· Showing dignity and respect to the people they will be working with.
· A commitment to quality and being the best that we can.
About the Senior Support Worker role:
As the senior member of a team you will be supporting people in their own homes; the people we work with have a range of needs including learning disability, autism and mental health. Some of the people who use our services also have significant physical health and personal care needs.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and full time you will work 37 hours each week (pro rata for part time positions), on a rota which includes weekends and sleep-in cover.
· Staff support and supervision
· Rota management
· Working with people with complex needs
· Helping them live more independently and undertake life enhancing activities.
· Ensure people’s needs are at the heart of everything you do.
· Working with care managers and health colleagues to implement and support therapy plans.
· Personal Care as required
Experience and skills required:
· Must have experience supporting adults with either learning disability, autism, or physical care needs
· Be able to develop supportive relationships, promoting independence and well being
· You will be highly motivated to deliver outstanding care and support.
We will provide the right candidate a range of training and specialist development opportunities.
All applications will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service checks and references.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role – and all other Bolton Cares roles – an application form must be completed. If you have a preference for working with individuals with particular support needs, please specify this within your application.
Recruitment closes on 21st July 2019 at 5pm and interviews will take place on 8th Aug 2019
Bolton Cares is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
For more details, download the full job description here Job description & Person Specification.docx
To apply, complete the BC Application.docx and return by email to Admin@boltoncares.org.uk or by post to Thicketford Centre, Thicketford Road, Bolton, BL2 2LW.
BC GDPR.pdf Right to Work.docx DBS Documents to provide.docx
5 00 pm
21st Jul 2019
you might be interested in