Education - Non School
Manchester Evening News “School in the Community Award” 2019
Progress 8 score + 0.52
‘This is a good school’ - Ofsted
Assistant Director of Maths T3-T9 (£28,412 - £40,490)
Plus TLR 2B (£4,656)
Permanent post required for September 2020
Do you want to be part of the Sharples’ success story?
Sharples School Multi-Academy is a Group 6, 11-16 mixed comprehensive with over 1,000 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic practitioner who aspires to expand their experience at middle leadership level. The successful candidate will be an expert in their field and lead on the identification and development of strategies in order to ensure that Maths teaching is of the highest quality. The successful candidate would also be given excellent opportunities for leadership development and preparation for senior leadership.
The Maths department is housed in a suite of specialist rooms, which are well resourced. Maths results are very positive with outcomes for students improving year-on-year. In 2019, 85% of students achieved Grade 4 or above in Maths and 63% achieved Grade 5 or above; both figures are well above national average.
We require someone who can demonstrate and evidence:
• Excellent communication skills
• A high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding Maths results at both key stages
• Excellent teaching and improving student outcomes
• High quality organisational and management skills
The key areas of responsibility will be:
• To engage students in their learning
• To ensure a wide focus on achievement and standards
• To ensure that all pupils achieve their potential through the provision of exciting and appropriate programmes of study and high quality teaching systems to track pupil progress and implement intervention programmes as appropriate
To apply for this post, download the school application form which should be completed in full and submitted with a letter of application outlining how you meet the requirements of the post. This should be no more than two sides of A4, point 10, and send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00am on Monday, 20th April 2020. Interview date to be confirmed.
Sharples School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service. The school operates the local authority no smoking policy and is a no smoking site.
SHARPLES SCHOOL MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
Hill Cot Road
Tel: 01204 333253
9 00 am
20th Apr 2020
you might be interested in