Various locations across Greater Manchester
As a GMFRS Chaplain you will establish a relationship with people within your designated area, and offer whatever support is necessary in order to help them.
You will also assist in the expansion of the Chaplaincy support services at GMFRS and attend operational shifts to observe training and attend incidents where practical, to ensure integration with the watches.
We are seeking to recruit Individuals who will;
• Provide practical and pastoral support
• Help all members of staff (uniform & non-uniform)
• Assist in the expansion of Chaplaincy support services
• Provide support to family members
• Have experience of working within a team and individually
• Possess excellent listening and communication skills
• Have basic administration and record keeping skills
• Have experience of working with bereavement and loss.
• observe all time GMFRS Values & Behaviours
• have a commitment to serve the diverse communities of GMFRS
See Person Specification for full list of requirements
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service is one of the largest fire and rescue services in the country, covering nearly 500 square miles, with a population of over 2.5 million people. Within that area we have 41 fire stations, around 2,400 staff.
We are currently looking to recruit Chaplains across all of our boroughs to provide practical and emotional support to firefighters and their dependants, other staff members and volunteers and anyone with a connection to GMFRS.
To find out more about volunteering roles available https://gmfrsjobs.engageats.co.uk/
Applicants will be required to attend an assessment and induction training sessions
Full training, uniform and ID will be provided
For an informal chat please contact Nigel Tansley on 07710157024 or Uzma Babb on 07764156715