Business & Corporate Services
Associate Partner – Systems Administrator
Salary- £25,951.00 - £29,323.00 (F Grade), £30,153.00 - £33,437.00 (G Grade)
Hours- 36.25 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Contract Type- Permanent, full-time
Location- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters
146 Bolton Road. Swinton, Manchester. M27 8US
Role Profile (Click Here)
Greater Manchester Combined Authority are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with a specific focus on database administration. The successful candidate will have knowledge of managing recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server, predominantly SQL 2008 and 2012.
Working with suppliers and internal teams you will understand and implement database maintenance plans, backup schedules, performance tuning and monitoring for a range of corporate applications including HR, Finance and Fire Safety systems.
You will be a lead custodian of the Authority's data warehouse ensuring data import routines are completed, managing changes and maintaining the environment to a high standard.
Upcoming project work will include the upgrade and consolidation of SQL Servers to ensure the organisation uses the latest support versions, following best practice and standardisation. You will also be responsible for periodically testing the integrity of backups as part of the organisation’s disaster recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) plans.
You may be asked to be involved in and lead on other systems administration work including the implementation and upgrade support for corporate applications including the Authority’s Address Gazetteer, Graphical Information System (GIS) and Operation Risk Intelligence System (OIS).
You will have:
· Proven experience in database management and administration principals
· Knowledge and experience of data warehousing
· Knowledge of system architecture including web-based applications and Windows Servers
· Proven experience in using reporting tools including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
The following would be an advantage:
· Knowledge of data cube technology and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
· Experience of configuring and managing high-availability database environments
· Knowledge and experience in other non-Microsoft database technologies including MySQL and Oracle
· Awareness of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Public Services Network (PSN) and data sharing agreements
The Digital team manage and support the Combined Authority’s ICT infrastructure technology and Systems environment.
We employ around 38 staff, mostly based in Fire & Rescue Services HQ, Bolton Road at Swinton. We also support the GMCA HQ at Churchgate house, Oxford Street, Manchester and 47 Fire stations, Training Centres and Data Centres across greater Manchester.
11 59 pm
28th Jan 2018
you might be interested in