Business & Corporate Services
Emergency Response Area Administrator
Salary: D £19,446 - £21,693
Location: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
Closing date: 27th May 2018
Interview dates: 7th June 2018
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service is one of the largest Fire and Rescue Services in the UK with over 2,000 employees and 41 fire stations. Our purpose is to ensure that we save, protect and improve the quality of life of the people in Greater Manchester. We do that in many ways but supporting our culturally diverse communities of over 2.5m GM residents is at the heart of the service that we deliver and it’s a service that we’re really proud of.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Emergency Response Directorate for an Emergency Response Administration assistant. You will be working in a fast paced environment where delivery and results really matter. You will be working to provide effective administration support to a range of customers. You will be using a range
of corporate databases and Microsoft packages on a daily basis. Helping to analyse data, review process and improve the administration function and service we provide.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate professionalism, initiative, a customer focused approach and demonstrate strong organisational skills to handle demanding workloads.
Who we need
The successful candidate must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and change within a dynamic environment. You will be an experienced administrator with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word & Excel) and a strong attention to detail. You will be able to work to deadlines, prioritise workload and communicate positively with service users and other directorate teams.
Main Responsibilities include:
Deliver specific plans as detailed in the departmental action plan to ensure the delivery of local goals and objectives related to the administrative function to support the overall achievement of the directorate and corporate plans.
· To provide effective administrative support for all departments within the Emergency Response Directorate to minimise the impact on other Directorate staff.
· Ensure that all administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner and in line with relevant processes and procedures, raising any concerns immediately with your line manager.
· Produce clear accurate information at the request of the management teams, using a range of corporate databases and other Microsoft tools, analysing the data and identifying any ways in which the administrative function could be improved.
· Maintain an understanding of all Emergency Response administrative activities and functions to provide resilience and flexibility the Emergency Response Directorate.
· Provide a high standard of minute taking this may include including decision logging.
· Work with colleagues carrying out the same role to ensure the completion of work by the team; plan own work and work with other members of the team to provide a timely and quality service.
Ensure that background activities such as filing, record updating, routine returns and maintenance of office equipment take place on a regular basis and are delivered in the correct way.
· Ensure that all internal processes are effectively and fully integrated; and that working practices are aligned to processes to ensure appropriate control mechanisms are in place.
· Manage professional self-development by constantly reviewing performance against personal and organisational objectives. Take part in appropriate training, team meetings and appraisals as directed by the Line Manager.
· Ensure all activities support an inclusive and high performing culture within own team and across the Emergency Response Admin Function.
· Through innovation, continuously improve the use of public money in ways the public would value.
· Act in accordance with the law and our values, and ensure that safety, sustainability, partnership working and inclusivity run through all activities
What you will need:
Education & Qualifications we need you to hold;
· Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including Maths and English
· Knowledge any Corporate Systems – Performance Portal, iTrent, WRP, Business World On.
Essential Behaviours we need you to display include;
· Strong Customer Service Skills
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Flexible approach to work
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Good telephone manner
· Strong IT Skills including Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
· Ability to work accurately and methodically
Essential Knowledge & Experience we need you to have includes;
· Experience of providing an administration service
Experience of establishing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Experience of delivering against agreed plans and timescales
· Experience of using IT systems to support procedures
· Experience of accurate minute taking.
In return for your efforts we can offer a fantastic working environment with a motivated team who are committed to delivering an excellent service.
Extensive sports and welfare programme
Local car parking facilities
To apply please complete the online application form and we will be in touch in the near future.
Link to Job Description: click here
Link to Person Specification: click here
11 59 pm
27th May 2018
you might be interested in