Performance and Contract Manager
£36,933 to £40,876
Full time: 36.25 hours
Job type: Fixed term until 31.09.2023
Closing date is the 9th November at 23:59
Do you want to make a difference to the futures of thousands of people? Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and stimulating environment? Then you might just be the person we’re looking for!
The Skills & Work Team have some exciting opportunities to help deliver our ambitious and ground-breaking priorities. Working as part of a team and closely with the Mayor of Greater Manchester, local authorities, government departments, businesses, voluntary and community sector enterprises and a broad range of local partners, you can help to create a truly great Greater Manchester where:-
• Young people have the skills to succeed in work and life
• People can improve their skills to help businesses compete globally
• People will get the support they need to find work and thrive
Greater Manchester is at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse and nationally at the forefront of devolution, so we’re not looking for people who are only good at talking about making change, but those who can roll their sleeves up and deliver it.
If you are a genuine all-rounder with experience of managing or supporting the performance and contract management of grant funded contracts/programmes, this may just be the right role for you.
The roles will support the performance and contract management of a range of Skills and Employment related programmes, in particular, our Skills for Growth and Working Well programmes which are funded through the European Social Fund.
We are looking for applicants who have:
• High level of attention to detail working within a contracting and/or financial environment
• Strong commitment to high quality work.
• A high level of enthusiasm, personal drive and energy and a capacity for sustained effort and performance.
Please read through the role profiles and their specific requirements and if you think you fit the bill we look forward to receiving your application. If you’d like an informal chat about this roles, please contact Lisa Quigley on 07973 957717 or Neil Cragg on 07973 876702.
These posts will be part funded by ESF 2014-2020 Structural Funding as part of Greater Manchester ESF Co-Financing contracts which will run until 30th September 2023.
About us: -
As an employer, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is made up of a number of key Greater Manchester strategic functions and service providers including; Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS); Waste and Recourses; Environment; Work and Skills; Research; Public Sector Reform; Police, Crime and Criminal Justice; Homelessness; the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub and the Commissioning Hub.
We value the diversity of our employees, and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across Greater Manchester. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
To find out more about working for us please click here: https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/
In return for your hard work, we offer our employees a competitive package as part of our offer, which includes:
• - Flexible working conditions with the ability to accrue 2 flexi days every 4 weeks (up to grade 11)
• - Family friendly policies including parental leave (maternity, shared parental, adoption, maternity support)
• - Ability to buy additional annual leave
• - Generous Annual leave scheme - 25 days + Bank Holidays per annum upon starting, after 5 years service increase to 30 days + BH and after 10 years service increase to 32 days +BH.
• - Local Government Pension Scheme
• - Employer investment in training and development, and professional sponsorship including CPD
• - Corporate travel loans
• - Cycle scheme
• - Discount scheme (MiRewards) on local and national high street brands
• - Health and wellbeing offer - Occupational Health and Employee Assistance programme
• - Modern city centre offices (role specific)
• - Sports and welfare club
• - Commitment to diversity and inclusivity with 4 active staff networks for; LGBTA, BAME, Disability and Womens
Mandatory Information: -
Employees on the redeployment register will be given priority for any vacancies in the first instance. If employees are identified as a match from the register then the vacancy may be withdrawn or put on hold pending an outcome.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications and expressions of interests from all candidates regardless of age, disability, Tran’s status and Non-binary identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and will require disclosure of all convictions including those considered spent under the Act. The role holder will be subject to an Basic level check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.