: Rochdale Police Station
: £32,878 to £38,813 per annum
: 37 hours per week (job share considered)
: 12th April 2020
: 16th April 2020
We need you to complement our existing hard working teams.
We have exciting opportunities for experienced social workers to join our innovative and passionate service in the Early Help & Safeguarding Hub (EHASH):
The Early Help and Safeguarding Hub are responsible for managing referrals for Children Social Care which includes coaching of partner agencies, making referrals to Children Social Care and structure appropriate plans for an offer of Early Help Support within locality. The team are responsible for the safe triage operation of referrals into the front door and enabling wider partners to provide appropriate Early Help plans and support for children and families. The social worker will be office based and make complex decisions on a daily basis with management support.
If you value working in a learning, supportive team environment with a positive attitude to working flexibly; recognising we all have different needs – just like our children, young people and families then the role would be great for you.
Rochdale is making positive progress in terms of our ways to work with children, young people and families to achieve better outcomes for all. You may be aware that our social work model is relationship based practice as we believe trusting, positive relationships are essential to supporting staff and improving the lives of children and families. We are empathetic in our work and listen to our families; building on their strengths and work towards agreed goals. We create SMART plans with our families to ensure goals are achievable, focussed and realistic whilst being specific to each individual child, young person and family.
Our staff say that they:
• Have the time and space to build authentic relationships with young people, their families and other professionals - working collaboratively towards agreed goals
• Are able to build positive relationships with our community and families that we support
• Have time to listen and understand families and issues they are facing
• Are really proud to work here.
• Utilise supervision and peer supervision to reflect and discuss cases
• Utilise colleagues knowledge and support
You will probably have heard that we genuinely believe in our staff and want to help them do their best; here is just a taster of what we provide:
• Welcoming and friendly environment in a modern building in a rapidly developing town centre
• Bespoke leadership learning programme & Advanced Practitioner Group
• Wrap around support initiatives and a supportive and visible leadership team
• Continual professional development with clear career progression, with access to ongoing training and learning & development days.
• Regular supervision and peer supervision
• Flexible working
• Staff awards in acknowledgement of each individuals achievements and recognition of these
Rochdale is growing rapidly and is well connected to Manchester, Lancashire and Yorkshire which makes it a truly great place to live, work and play. Please see below for more on what we offer.
However, we know that action speaks louder than words and we are always learning and developing. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to visit us and gain a real flavour of how we work in the hub, if you are a qualified social worker or graduating this summer please contact Khizer Iqbal on 01706 925381 or by email to arrange a visit Khizer.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully joining one of our friendly teams that best fits your expertise.
In accordance with Section 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 this post requires the ability to converse at ease with the members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English.
Casual User Car Allowance is payable
Appointment to this post is subject to a enhanced DBS including a barred list check against the child workforce
Please click on the links below:
• Job description and person specification.pdf
• Policy on recruitment of ex-offenders.pdf
• Police Vetting Procedure.pdf
• Privacy Notice
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects staff to share this commitment.
Rochdale Borough Council is a great place to work. Please click here
for information on Riverside One and the borough of Rochdale.
At Rochdale Borough Council we are committed to our Values and Behaviours.
• Proud of the difference we make
• Passionate about the diversities of the Borough
• Pioneering and Open in our Approach
This organisation has signed up to the Greater Manchester Continuous Service Commitment. This means we will recognise your continuous or ‘unbroken’ service in any Greater Manchester local authority or NHS organisation, Transport for Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service or Greater Manchester Combined Authority; giving you access to our service-related benefits.