Wharton Primary School
: 17.5 hours per week, (8:30-12 Monday – Friday) Term time only
: 2A £7,886 - £8,204 (after pro-rata calculation)
Required to start 15th April 2019
Wharton Primary School is a safe, purposeful and inclusive environment where pupils are provided with every opportunity to succeed.
The Governors wish to appoint a competent, enthusiastic and reliable Attendance Officer who will play a key role in promoting a positive attendance and punctuality culture across the school. The post holder will work with key school staff to reduce levels of absence and support identified pupils and families to overcome barriers to learning, raise their aspirations and achieve their full potential.
Key tasks include
• Monitoring whole school attendance, persistent absence and punctuality, identifying pupils who require support.
• Recording, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on attendance data
• Liaise with DSL as appropriate
• Contributing to the development and implementation of whole school and LA strategies to raise pupil attendance
• Contacting families regarding attendance, home visiting and supporting parents and pupils with face to face meetings
• Mentoring and supporting pupils to enable them to make choices about their own learning and behaviour
• Preparation for legal action where necessary
The successful candidate will
• have experience of working within an education / social care setting
• have experience of working with children and young people to support them in overcoming barriers to their personal, social or learning environment
• demonstrate an understanding of issues that may affect a student’s ability to attend school
• have the ability to communicate effectively with children and adults at all levels
• demonstrate an understanding of child protection issues and confidentiality
• have experience of drawing up, implementing and monitoring individual action plans
• have working knowledge of the legal framework relating to school attendance
• be highly self-motivated with a commitment to supporting further school improvement
• be willing and able to work flexibly as determined by the needs of school
• get involved in and contribute to the whole life of the school community as part of a collaborative team
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by calling the school office.
Closing date for applications:
Monday 4th March 12 noon
Thursday 7th/Friday 8th March.
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a fully enhanced DBS check.
Job Description & Person Specification.doc
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary Recruitment and Employment Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.salford.gov.uk/gdpr