Salford City Council
Salford Civic Centre
Swinton, M27 5AW
Welfare Rights Officer (Health)
- Full time (36 hours), Permanent
- Part time (18 hours), Fixed term (to September 1st 2019 in first instance)
3B, £26,999 - £29,636(full time)/£13,499 - £14,818 (part time)
: 30th of April, 12pm
Entitlement to a casual car user allowance
We are looking for an experienced welfare rights officer to join our dynamic and well established welfare rights and debt advice team.
This post provides a comprehensive specialist welfare benefits advice service in GP practices and health centres.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing an advice service in a variety of health settings and home visits
• Duty cover of our telephone and email welfare rights advice service
• Contributing to welfare rights training delivery
• Acting as an expert consultant and providing support for GPs, health and social care professionals
You should have:
• Up to date experience and expertise in benefits case work including appeal representation
• Working knowledge of social security legislation
• strong written and verbal communication skills
• an ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
• a commitment to the promotion of anti-poverty and equality work
Please confirm in your application which post you are interested in.
Please be aware that this post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and that you will be required to meet the cost of the DBS check – currently £44.00. The payment for this will be deducted from your first four months’ salary payments at a rate of £11.00 per month. If you do not commence employment for any reason but the DBS has been processed, you will be sent an invoice for the payment of £44.00.
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary Recruitment and Employment Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.salford.gov.uk/gdpr