Senior Officer Grade 1 (Specialist Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor)
Salary SO1 (£27,741 - £32,234)
Plus 7.5% market supplement
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our well established team of professionals and to contribute to the safety and wellbeing of a multi-disciplinary organisation.
Due to an expansion of the current health and safety function, we are looking to appoint two suitably qualified and experienced Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisers.
The main purpose of the roles will be to lead on projects to drive forward behavioural change within the organisation and to improve and enhance the service provided to our schools and other clients.
You will also contribute to the development and operational delivery of the Council`s health and safety management system.
The main functions of the role will include:
• Leading on and managing health & safety based projects.
• Supporting managers, employees and services with health and safety issues.
• Conducting accident investigations.
• Planning and carrying out a programme of health and safety audits, site visits and inspections throughout Council services & schools.
• Attending health and safety committees in an ex-officio capacity.
• Liaising with enforcing authorities as required.
• Providing advice to schools in relation to educational visits.
This is a challenging opportunity which requires team players with a common sense and a preventative approach to health and safety. The candidates will require a relevant Occupational Health & Safety qualification (Level 4 or above) or at least be working towards a qualification. Experience and specialised knowledge preferably within a local authority setting or another large multi-disciplinary service where you can evidence experience of providing operational health, safety and wellbeing advice across a wide range of services. You should be experienced in project planning and management and be able to deliver results within agreed timescales.
As a council employee you will benefit from a generous annual leave allowance and flexi-time system, pension scheme, training and development and employee wellbeing as well as employee discount and travel schemes.
Closing date for applications – 28th May 2021
Interviews will take place W/C 7th June 2021
Stockport Council - Valuing Diversity