Support, Time and Recovery (STR) Worker
Employer – Trafford Council
Address – Brookheys 2a Craven Drive Altrincham Cheshire WA14 5JF
Salary – £19,171 - £21,166 per annnum
Salary Grade – Band 3 (points 17 to 21)
Job category – Social Care
Job Type – Mental Health
Working Pattern – Full Time
Working hours – 36.25 hours (Include weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis)
Contract type – Permanent
Closing date – 21/07/2019
Interview date – TBC
To work within the Adult Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in Trafford and contribute to the delivery of mental health services.
To provide Support and give Time to an allocated group of service users to promote their Recovery. To assist the multi-disciplinary team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans. The purpose of this post is to work as part of the rehab team within the CMHT, focusing on the direct needs of service users working across boundaries of care and organisations using agreed set values and skills to underpin their day-to-day work.
1) To be responsible for contributing to the care planning process of service users within the community teams. This will include attending and actively participating in rehab meetings and multi-disciplinary team meetings, attending training sessions, care plan review meetings and communicating with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and care coordinator as required.
2) To promote positively independent living within the community and plan activities in response to the identified rehab needs of the service user, in-line with their care plan.
3) To develop a rapport based upon effective communication within appropriate and transparent boundaries.
4) To provide practical support to service users and their carers in developing and maintaining dignity and independence.
5) To provide support with daily living activities which promote social inclusion and recovery.
6) To help service users gain access to resources including benefits and welfare rights. To support service users to gain access to relevant training and employment opportunities.
7) To provide information on health promotion and support access to health promoting activity. To support with the running of various groups offered to service users within the CMHT.
8) To work within the individual’s risk management and care plan, helping to identify early signs of relapse by monitoring progress, level of functioning and mental state and alert the appropriate staff involved in the service user’s care.
9) To provide regular feedback through the agreed line management reporting line and maintain accurate and timely records as required using the computer system in place.
10) To actively engage in the Knowledge Skills Framework process and undertake all learning and development opportunities as identified in the personal development plan. This includes keeping up-to-date with all mandatory training requirements.
Please contact Donna Holt South Locality Manager on 0161 357 1340 or Donna.Holt@gmmh.nhs.uk
for an informal discussion.
The service operates 7 days per week, therefore applicants must be able to work some weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Job Description/ Person Specification.pdf
To apply click here