WILD BANK COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Head Teacher: Mrs Jenny Callaghan
Demesne Drive, Stalybridge, Tameside, SK15 2PG Tel: 0161 303 7404
PPA TEACHER – FIXED TERM: 0.4 Thursday and Friday
SALARY – MPR1 £9486 - MPR6 £14,000
This is a one-year fixed contract from 1st September 2019 until 31st August 2020 subject to review for the autumn term 2020.
The staff, governors and pupils of Wild Bank Community School are looking for an excellent and enthusiastic teacher to cover PPA. The successful applicant will provide release time for colleagues in Reception, Key Stage One, and Key Stage Two.
We pride ourselves on providing a nurturing learning environment where all children grow and achieve their best. We are committed to enabling our children to develop as happy, independent and resilient learners. Following our recent successful OFSTED inspection, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to join and contribute further to our happy school.
Please note that this role does not have a whole class commitment and therefore an NQT would not be able to demonstrate they are meeting all of the teaching standards.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional practitioner, who is passionate about children’s wellbeing and learning, conscientious and committed to excellence in children’s achievements. This is a very exciting time in the school’s journey as we build on our current successes and grow.
You will need to:-
• Put the child at the centre of the learning process
• Be committed to achieving high standards and inclusive education
• Have high expectations for teaching and learning across all phases
• Be an outstanding practitioner
• Be committed to a broad, balanced and creative curriculum, offering engaging and motivating activities
• Work collaboratively as part of a team and liaise effectively with class teachers and support staff to ensure effective practice across school.
• Care passionately about children’s wellbeing
• Believe that every child matters and deserves the best
• Plan, implement and deliver an appropriate and differentiated curriculum for all children and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
• Monitor and assess children’s progress to improve their quality of learning and personal growth.
• Establish good working relationships with parents and colleagues.
• Be willing to contribute to the whole school community and go the extra mile for our pupils.
We feel that these visits to the school are an important part of the application process. Please contact Nichola Bardsley, Bursar, on 0161 303 7404 to arrange an informal visit on either Thursday 13th June at 9.30am, Tuesday 18th June at 9.30am, or Thursday 20th June at 2.00pm.
Ref No: SCH88
Closing date for applications – Friday 28th June at 12 Noon
Interviews – week commencing 1st July 2019
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Wild Bank Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have robust processes and procedures to reduce risk and continuously promote a positive culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. This role involves working with children and/or young people and you will be subject to our safer recruitment process.
Job Description/ Person Specification.doc