ST PHILIPS CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
36 hours per week
: 1C, £17,681
Required to start as soon as possible.
The Governors are looking to appoint an experienced person to join our team.
Duties to include
• To act as secondary key holder
• To open and close the school building daily
• To ensure that the building and school grounds are kept clean and tidy and free from any rubbish
• To ensure the grounds are safe e.g. clear of ice/snow and gritted when appropriate.
• To make sure that school gates are opened and locked at appropriate times
• To check and replenish stock of toilet rolls, paper towels and cleaning materials.
• To change light bulbs, fuses, plugs, tap washers
• Make sure that clocks are accurate and batteries replaced when necessary
• Distribute milk and fruit to classrooms
• To maintain and check fire alarm system carrying out weekly checks and a termly fire drill.
• To maintain and check security alarm system and liaise with service provider if there are any issues.
• To carry out water temperature tests
• Any other caretaker related work as requested by the Head teacher, or Business Manager
The successful applicant will:
• Be enthusiastic
• Be energetic
• Be polite
• Be able to work as part of a team
Hours are worked on a split shift
Monday to Thursday – 7.00 am – 11.00 am and 2.30 pm – 6.00 pm
Friday – 7.00 am – 11.00 am and 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
This is a fixed term contract only to cover sick leave. The contract will run until July 24th 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a fully enhanced DBS check.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the school for further details, and speak to our Business Manager, Mrs Lewis, on 0161 832 6637.
for applications: 27th February at 4.00 p.m.
: 1st March
: Wednesday 6th March
Job Description & Person Specification.docx
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary Recruitment and Employment Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.salford.gov.uk/gdpr