Teaching Assistant Apprentices
£8,946 per annum plus SEN (£1,289) per annum
Full time / Full year
Commencing September 2019
New Bridge Multi Academy Trust (MAT) presently comprises New Bridge School, New Bridge Learning Centre, Spring Brook Academy, Hollinwood Academy (all situated in Oldham) and Hawthorns School (situated in Audenshaw). Our new AP free school, the Springboard Project is opening in September 2019. We support the learning, social and pastoral needs of over 700 young people aged between 4 and 19 years.
We are looking to recruit a number of resilient, committed, energetic and highly motivated Teaching Assistant Apprentices who will relish the opportunity to develop their own practice within one of the UK’s most diverse educational organisations.
As an Apprentice Teaching Assistant, you will work alongside the class teacher supporting a group of pupils with a range of learning needs to ensure that barriers to learning are reduced and enabling pupils to achieve their full potential.
We currently have vacancies within the following settings:
- Hollinwood Academy - a discrete environment catering for those on the autistic spectrum between the ages of 4 and 19. The school is based on our Hollinwood campus and offers qualifications that include GCSEs and equivalents.
- New Bridge School - a generic special needs school for pupils between the ages of 11 and 19 operating on a split site basis. New Bridge School delivers a personalised curriculum up to GCSE level and equivalents. Current vacancies are based at the Roman Road campus within the Autism Base and the main body of the school, and our Oldham town centre campus at Medtia Square.
- Spring Brook Academy - an all-age school that caters for pupils (mainly boys) with a range of Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties split across two sites. The school has extensive experience of working with vulnerable groups and young people with complex emotional and behavioural difficulties, providing a holistic approach to improving pupils’ personal, social and emotional development. The school delivers a personalised curriculum and offers qualifications up to GCSE level. Current vacancies are at both primary and secondary phases.
- Hawthorns School - located in Audenshaw, Tameside. Hawthorns is a primary special school which is also designated as a National Teaching School. All pupils have an EHCP or statement, and have moderate learning difficulties and additional complex needs.
Please note that some of the posts are to support in our settings where the pupils may present with challenging behaviour. Previous experience in a school, caring or similar environment would be an advantage but we will provide training for the right candidates.
If applicants have a preference for a specific setting within the Trust, they should state this in their application.
Successful candidates will be employed on a 12 or 18 month contract and complete a classroom support diploma during that time. Whilst we are unable to guarantee a permanent contract at the end of the Apprenticeship, we expect opportunities for permanent employment to become available.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate in their application that they have:
- The ability to build positive relationships with the class group, ensuring consistency and continuity on a daily basis
- High expectations of young people, and a commitment to raising standards of attainment to ensure that they can achieve their full educational potential
- A genuine appreciation of the potential barriers to a pupil’s learning, and sensitivity towards their circumstances and life experiences
- The emotional and physical resilience necessary when working with challenging young people with a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
- A professional approach to their work and the ability to work effectively with all members of the staff team
Please note there is no age limit to access an Apprenticeship. The Apprenticeship pay rate applies for the first twelve months and then Apprentices move onto their applicable statutory age rate. We would be particularly interested in male applicants.
New Bridge MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must have a commitment to safeguarding young people. These posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and references will be sought prior to interview.
Salary: New Bridge Apprenticeship Rate £8,946 per annum (£4.68 per hour)
Allowance: SEN (£1,289) per annum
Hours: 36.66 per week / full year
Based: See above
Commencing: September 2019
Closing Date: Sunday 1st September 2019 (Midnight)
Further information & site visit: HR – 0161 883 2401
Completed application forms should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right To Work In UK Guidance.pdf