Manchester but may be required to travel
Transform Higher Education: Join the UA92 Team
UA92 is a new higher education institution that's daring to be different. Open to students in 2019, we are looking to build a “best in class” team of expert educators and experienced professionals, with the ability to develop UA92 from the ground up and drive this new venture forwards at pace, establishing it quickly as a sector leader.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled Course Leader and Senior Tutor to provide leadership and staff supervision for the character and personal development aspects that sit at the core of our student experience. Our Target Talent Curriculum is where cognitive, emotional and social intelligence will be developed, along with understanding of physical and mental well-being, and preparedness for employment. Themes will include resilience, problem solving, communication, team working, financial literacy, global citizenship, leadership, reflective practice, professionalism, employability and physical and mental well-being. Students will engage in work placements and insight visits and will receive regular support from personal development coaches.
Acting as a role model practitioner and a specialist in one or more of the themes within your area of responsibility, you will lead the development and delivery of the curriculum, the assessment of learning and ensure that academic administration responsibilities are discharged with quality assured and enhanced. You will ensure students have a sector leading learning experience with a strong trajectory into employment and early career advancement.
You will join a small, agile and forward-looking academic team and will work collegiately with colleagues across the institution, and with employer partners to embed the principles, philosophy and values of UA92, ensuring that ambitious performance and growth targets are met in your areas of responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring development of high-quality learning resources and delivery of engaging learning activities.
• Ensuring design and application of robust assessment vehicles and provision of regular and constructive student feedback.
• Ensuring individual learners are well supported in their personal development journeys.
• Engagement with employer and industry partners to ensure the curriculum and its delivery has currency from a professional practice perspective.
• Active participation in aspiration raising, student recruitment and progression partnership developments, ensuring strong application, conversion, progression and retention.
• Supervising, supporting, motivating and developing colleagues to be outstanding practitioners, within a culture of high expectations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a bright and well-qualified individual with a track record of success and personal credibility in their own subject area(s). You will be a highly effective educator with exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. You will also have a passion for providing accessible, high-quality, university level education, be an innovator in your own practice and be a strong team player and collaborator.
The successful candidate will have:
• Solid subject knowledge with qualifications to match.
• Ability to engage learners actively through the delivery of outstanding student centric learning experiences.
• Experience of successfully supporting learner attainment and wider personal development.
• An innovative spirit and confidence to develop and apply new techniques and technologies to improve learner success.
• The ability to provide leadership across a broad subject domain and be able to supervise and support others to operate as highly effective and reflective facilitators of learning.
To apply click here