SAMUEL LAYCOCK SCHOOL
TLR2A: LITERACY AND ENGLISH COORDINATOR
Samuel Laycock School
Ashton Under Lyne
0161 344 1992
MPS1 £23,720 to UPS3 £39,406 plus TLR2A £2,721
(Plus 1 SEN point minimum and the second point on demonstration of expertise in leading staff to meet the needs of pupils with MLD, ASC and associated needs including SEMH)
We are a school for pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties with an ASC base and wish to appoint someone passionate about the teaching of Literacy and the wider English curriculum. A leading practitioner with evidence of:
• successfully teaching literacy and wider English to pupils learning below Year 4 expectations
• successfully meeting the wider needs of pupils with SEN
Our professional philosophy is highly “solution orientated”- seeing challenges as opportunities to improve. Applicants seeking to join our team would need to share this approach. We are looking for:
• understanding of the teaching and learning of Literacy below Year 4 expectations
• high quality classroom skills and a reflective practitioner
• the ability to lead a team in a positive, determined, manner in the interests of pupils
Our school is fully committed to the self-evaluation process leading to continuing professional development.
This post could suit a Primary School practitioner (although we are a school for secondary aged pupils) looking for a new challenge, or someone with Special School experience.
Samuel Laycock School is committed to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding of our students and the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check- see our website for our policy.
For further information and a discussion contact:
Mr Andrew Foord
Application forms to be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00 am 3rd May 2019
Advert Ref: SCH25
Job Description/ Person Specification.pdf